In case your trip is a romantic time with your partner you have to use a bit your creativity. Everything must be perfect on this holiday, also how you will be dressed out and in the room. So you know what to do. I can just help you with some things not to forget when traveling for this occasion.
- special lingerie;
- elegant shoes, with high heels for ladies;
The things not to forget when traveling are different, at least in part, according to the type of trip or the period. For instance, if you travel in winter, you need to protect yourself from cold.
Packing in winter:
- winter coat;
- thick socks;
- scarf of wool;
- winter gloves.
If you are going to the seaside and you will spend time on the beach, you will need:
- a pair of a flip flops;
- a pair of sunglasses;
- beach towel;
Spend a few days out especially for a holiday is nothing. A week allows you to see more and to do more. Anyway, if you will spend 7 days out you need to prepare properly your luggage. You should follow the same rule: travel light. This has to be your goal for every travel. More time you will be far from home and more things you will carry. According to the number of days, I suggest you use a hand suitcase too. Put inside what you need for a couple of days, it is helpful if your luggage will be lost at the airport.
Be careful to choose the appropriate cabin baggage. Because each airline has different policies for weight and size. Check out the recommendations that the company gives you when you buy your ticket. Otherwise, you will spend more money during boarding and maybe they will oblige you to put your cabin bag in the aircraft hold. My advice then is to roll clothes and to use packing cubes to save space, so there won’t be many problems for the luggage size.
Let me keep the list separated for a better understanding.
Clothes for a week:
- 8 tops (shirts, T-shirts, tanks…);
- 1 cardigan or 1 hoodie, even both, but it depends on the season;
- 4 pairs of pants or shorts, or skirts, for a woman is good also to have a dress;
- 7 pairs of socks and 7 underwear (bras included). it is good to calculate one per day;
- 1 pajama;
- 1 jacket, if winter or cold season it can be a heavy coat or a blazer.
Shoes for a week:
- 1 pair for the travel on the plane, so comfortable shoes to survive keeping them hours;
- 1 pair for excursions at your destination;
- 1 pair for an elegant evening out, for ladies high heels can be suggested;
- 1 pair of flip flops if the hotel doesn’t provide them;
- 1 pair of boots for ladies.
Jewelry and cosmetics:
you should know what to take, but do not exaggerate. In the week around the world, it is not necessary to have all the items and products with you. Save space and take the essentials.
- comb or hairbrush;
- contacts case;
- shampoo, body wash;
- face wash;
- contact solution;
- tinted moisturizer;
- hair smoother;
- eye cream;
- hand cream;
- monthly “lady” items;
- curling iron or flat iron;
- heat protectant;
- hair elastics/bobby pins;
- nail disposable file (don’t use the metal and glass ones for airport security reasons);
Don’t forget to put liquids in small bottles and to respect the limit: 100ml. Regarding the necessary for shower maybe you find all that you need in the hotel. As you saw there are items for men, ladies and both. You will decide for yourself, among those objects, the things not to forget when traveling.
- laptop plus their chargers;
- Universal travel adapter;
- home keys;
- boarding pass;
- reservations receipts;
- credit cards.
Traveling around the world so often I had to learn to pack. Especially, my goal was to list things to not forget. My memory was sometimes failing. Then, practicing, I became good at prepare luggage according to the type of trip and the number of days spent out. So I am sharing my experience to help you and I am sure you will find it useful. Prepare your suitcase properly and your holiday will be better, believe me.
Before to go check the weather forecast and you will know more or less what to put in the luggage. Don’t trust too much the news about the weather and be prepared for some changes. Take always something for rain and if you are going to a warm place something for wind or cold. Do also the opposite. I mean that the climate is not completely reliable and it can be different in a while. Then focus on the planned activities or on what you want to do there. If you are going to the beach swimsuit will be necessary.
Five days are not so many, so if you are not going in the snow or where to is so cold and you need to attend important meetings, don’t carry too much. Choose a jacket that you can easily wear with all the clothes that you will put in the luggage. Coordinate the colors. Let’s see the list of the things not to forget when traveling.
- A pair of jeans for the journey to be comfortable on the plane and two pairs of trousers. It is good to have a skirt, shorts, it depends on you;
- four T-shirts, tops or shirts coordinated with the bottom clothes;
- a rain jacket or a heavy one in case you are going to a cold place;
- two or maximum of three pairs of shoes. Among them you can include flip flops to use in your hotel room;
- four or five pairs of socks and undergarments plus a swimsuit if the case;
- a pajama or a nightgown;
- a gym suit to be comfortable for adventure and excursions or some morning running;
- toiletries: non-liquids (razor, comb, contacts case, glasses, and toothbrush) and liquids (shampoo, body wash if there isn’t in the hotel,conditioner, toothpaste, face wash, deodorant, lotion, contact solution, conditioner, tinted moisturizer, deodorant, hair smoother, hairbrush,lipstick);
- personal items: phone, tablet, kindle, books, umbrella, laptop plus their chargers, camera, universal travel adapter, home keys, boarding pass, documents, reservations receipts, cash, credit cards.
Don’t forget the first aid kit. I suggest you read the tips I gave at the beginning of the post. Then you can start to prepare the luggage. How to pack? This is a question that you should ask yourself to save space. Even if the discussion on this topic is open you should roll your clothes. You prevent wrinkles and save a lot of space in the suitcase. Lay the item of clothing flat. Fold the bottom around 5 cm (about 2 inches). Starting from the opposite end of the fold, roll the item until you get the pocket. In the end, fold one side of the pocket over the roll to secure it.
Following carefully these steps you will put more things in your bag and everything will be ordered. If you need more tips and step by step instructions to prepare the perfect suitcase, I suggest reading this guide. Put on the bottom of the bag shoes, toiletries, and all the heavy items, to not damage anything.
To save space you can think about details and take care of them. For instance, download the electronic version of books and magazines, you can read them with kindle or tablet. And take small hand luggage with you to put essentials and valuable objects. Put inside some clothes for the first day in case the luggage will be lost. You never know.