Some of you are not celebrating Christmas, but for who is waiting this important holiday, in addition to the religious rites and the time spent with the family, there is something else. Someone is abroad for leisure or for business to enjoy the artificial atmosphere created by hotels and restaurants. In any case there is always the chance to give and receive a Christmas gifts. It doesn’t matter what, because it counts the thought reserved to or by a special person.
I am not a shopping addicted at all, but the Christmas time can be an excuse to buy or to ask to ”Santa Claus” something that I need as Christmas gifts. What? Items useful for my trips. I decided to share this because you can benefit from my ideas… for yourself or just for a present to a traveller among your relatives and friends. Of course if in case you want to buy a gift for me you are welcome and you know what I am searching for. Just kidding, don’t worry!
- First of all I need a new camera tripod to be more stable in taking pictures, one of my best Christmas gifts. Even do I am not a professional photographer, but I love to take pictures and to improve the quality especially in certain conditions. It is possible to elevate the camera, to wait for the perfect light and to not move when I click. Also I would like to purchase a tripod for my mobile, because I use it a lot for my pictures. The phone camera offers a great quality.
- I have to buy a new travel journal to take notes about my travels. To keep memory and to write my blog posts, because I need to write down names, dates and some historical facts. Also I take note about my impressions at the moment. In this way I can really express my feelings when I create a post on the blog or on my social pages. A good Christmas gift for me and for some of my friends who love to travel.
- One of my dreams is to have a drone with camera to make live videos and pictures from the sky. Or just to catch some details of buildings in the upper part. Of course to start my experience with it, I would think to a simply and cheap model. Then doing practice I would love to have a professional one. I already started to imagine what I could do with a drone during my trips…
- What about to listen some music on a plane, on a train and so on, especially when the journey is so long? With headphones I can easily do it without disturb anyone. This is quite useful for me and also I can connect them to my devices. For example to watch a movie from my laptop or also to speak with someone via Skype when I am in a public space.
- Another Christmas gift, for me absolutely important, is a serious power bank. To easily recharge the battery of my smartphone and tablet when I can’t to plug them. It is essential to share my pictures with you, to interact with you and and also to work all the time.
- Have you ever saw Michael Portillo on BBC? He is a former politician, journalist and broadcaster who made a TV series travelling around Europe and Usa using the George Bradshaw’s Railway Guide. He had the version of 1913. He was exploring the countries checking the old tips with the modern setting, always moving by train. I would like to have the same book, also if reprinted in recent time. I will check the countries where I will go to compare the experience of the beginning of XX century with the actual conditions. It is mostly for fun, but I want to try. What do you think?
I described the Christmas gifts focused on my needs and wishes. If you are going to buy a present for a traveller there are many other useful objects. Bags, slippers, power adaptors, cameras, guides and so on… I will write more about this topic. I am really in the mood in this period and also I want to share about gifts. Each year I always need to prepare myself to choose gifts for my relatives and friends. Maybe you are in the same situations. That’s why you can be inspired about my experiences and tips.
Meanwhile I would like to read about some ideas and advices from you about Christmas gifts. What will you buy for yourself and for the people you love? How can you find the perfect gift? Feel free to comment.