Have you ever thought about the passport’s adventures? It looks like a stupid question, but imagine. Your document is always in your pocket during your journey. Then you go to the check-in and you give it to the airport staff. After that to the border police and again to the airport staff at the gate. It is not finished. When you arrive you show it to the border police, then to the hotel receptionist and so on. That is why you need a passport cover.
It protects your document that goes from a hand to another for almost all your trip. The risk is to consume the cover or even to sully it. The passport cover is helpful for every traveler. For you or maybe for a friend. Why don’t you consider it as a gift? Because I can guarantee that you will make the receiver happy. There are different models, so also for a limited budget. It is the same for the design, to satisfy all the styles.
How to select a passport cover
Did I convince you to purchase a passport cover for you or as a gift for someone else? If my advice is not suitable, let’s check the top 3 reasons why you should buy it.
- It doesn’t matter what type of bag, purse, or backpack you have, because you already know where to put your document: the passport cover;
- you don’t have to search for the documents around the suitcase, the passport cover will be in your pocket. It contains the document, but it is quite small to enter in your jacket;
- if you are going to a crowdy place the document is in the passport cover in your pocket. There is no risk to forget it somewhere and lose it.
The secret to spotting the best passport cover
I want to tell you some tips about the choice you have to do in searching for the passport cover. It is for you or for a person you love, so be exigent. What to check before to select the item among the market offers:
- film protector: a PVC film covers the front of the back of the passport. It helps against liquids or food, but this material is not much resistant;
- book jacket cover: a better version of the PVC. Usually, the material is leather or vinyl. It is average protection, but not so strong;
- portfolio passport holders: the material is more or less the same one of the book jacket, but inside there are some pockets for cards or even money. It is helpful if you want to keep together with the passport something else. I recommend anyway to not keep everything together. It is for your safety in case of a meeting with a thief;
- passport wallet: this type of passport cover is quite good for the protection of the document. It is an up-sized wallet and it contains the passport, the credit cards, and the travel tickets. Some of these wallets include RFID protection. It is made exactly to help the traveler to keep everything together and safe. Keep in mind my tip at point 3.
- document case passport holder: the aspect can look like a mini fanny pack, but it is designed to wear. You can put it in a pocket or at the wrist or neck. The models are a lot so you can choose according to the style of the receiver or to yours if the passport cover is for you. The material is generally strong.
Hints for you
What type of traveler are you?
Where to find the passport cover
Well, you defined everything you need to buy the perfect passport cover for yourself or as a gift. Where will you find it? I suggest Amazon. Why? Because you are seating in front of your device and all the types of holders will be in front of you. The only thing you need to do is click. No strengths and not time losing. You can only get inspired and then go to a shop in your city. Or you can buy and wait at home for the item.
You know what you need thanks to the questions and especially to your answers. So it will be easy to select the best one among all of them. Fancy or extravagant models, PVC or leather versions and so on. Online all of them are there, listed with a description. The choice is up to you.